Monday, September 17, 2007

Little Easy

I wander through New Orleans
A City I have known
A place I have played
A place I have loved

The City takes me by the hand
She leads me through
The Quarter, The Marina
And more, much more

I taste the delectable
I sip the nectar
I listen to the music
I see the beauteous artwork

I view what is left
And what is not
I wonder, wonder Why?
Why bother, why try?

The City isn't there anymore
But it is...
I will keep coming back
To have the City take me by the hand

To wander through New Orleans
To play
To love
To watch and to see

How they bother
How they try
To make the Place That Care Forgot
Live, Play, Love, Sing, and Dance

As I wander through New Orleans
I understand-Care Remembers
I know-if I can wander through
New Orleans is!

BB 9-05-2007
Copyright ©2007 Bob Bevard

No comments: